Monday, April 18, 2016

My BoBo



I don't know of a single girl who doesn't love her daddy. I can remember a time when I never called my dad "daddy". He was Bobo to me. Of course, his nickname was Sambo, hence my "baby talk" name for him came out as Bobo. My dad was firm and strict. He came from a tough yet humble background. But all the more, he was gentle and fun to be around. He made Christmas, Thanksgiving, the 4th of July, etc., fun! There was not a time I can remember that we ever went without anything. Mostly because of his hard work and dedication. This photo recently emerged of my sister Tina and I. Both my parents worked hard so we could have things. My family increased as the years went by with Rhonda, Samuel, and Monica. Sometimes were really hard for my parents I know. I remember one Christmas when some of my cousins actually had a pretty stocking. Ours consisted of some of mom's old pantyhose. My dad would make sure we had some nuts, a banana, an apple and orange. Not to mention candy bars! My mom and dad took us to church. We said prayer every Sunday morning at the breakfast table. We were disciplined and knew how to behave. This post could go on for days! There are special memories that deserve recognition. Thanks dad for being my "Bobo"! 



No comments:

Post a Comment